COMMISSION INFORMATION, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BY BOOKING A COMMISSION WITH LIANNE WILLIAMS YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. They form a contractual agreement between you, the client, and me, Lianne Williams, the artist. Please read the following carefully before booking a commission with me as it includes very important information on the commission process and what is required from you as a client. Thank you. UPDATED 02.06.2017
Booking your Commission
- Commissions are a personalised service and are therefore non-returnable or refundable. By booking Lianne Williams you agree to this and the following points:
- I reserve the right to refuse a commission at any time without giving any reason.
- There may be a waiting list at busy times of year. Commissions are based on First Come, First Served ONLY.
- If you wish to have a commission completed and shipped in time for Christmas delivery please book between September and November at the latest, earlier for International clients. Commissions CLOSE over December and will not reopen until the New Year.
- Artwork can take 1 - 5 weeks to complete depending on the size and complexity. Shipping can take another 1-2 weeks in the UK and 1-6 weeks internationally. PLEASE BOOK YOUR COMMISSIONS IN PLENTY OF TIME.
- Rushed orders are available. These cost 50% extra on top of your original quote and are discretionary. I can find quicker couriers too but these can be VERY expensive. Please book in time to avoid disappointment!!
- To begin the commission booking process simply fill in the form on this page and I will provide you with a quote. It helps if you have an idea of what you'd like or can provide reference images or examples of work you like. If you're not sure yet, still get in touch and I can advise.
- Quotes are valid for 7 days or whatever has been stated on the quote itself. If you do not pay your deposit within that time the quote is no longer valid and prices may change in future.
- Quotes are non-negotiable. I can provide further information on my pricing structure upon request.
- Commissions require a non-refundable 50% deposit to book. This deposit confirms your place in my schedule and we can begin the process of creating your art. The remaining 50% is paid when the work is completed and you are happy with it and before shipping.
- Commissioned Artwork comes UNFRAMED. I can provide a framing service at extra cost. Framing is not currently available for international orders due to difficulties and the expense of shipping glass or fragile frames. Artwork can ONLY be sent internationally unframed.
- I am happy to do all I can to meet your needs within certain limitations. Please remember I am working in my own style and I will not copy or emulate existing artwork.
- I am a skilled professional and will do things to the best of my knowledge and ability. Please ensure you are happy with my skill and style before booking your commission with me.
- If I am fully booked I may refer your commission onto another artist or designer who works in a similar style, medium and price range to me.
- Payment must be done via direct bank transfer or cash. Payment details are provided on my quotes or invoices. I occasionally provide Paypal or online payment options for trusted commission clients. I do not accept any other form of payment due to security issues.
- All payments must be cleared in my bank account before work/shipping commences. I do check.
- I can provide email invoices/receipts and written receipts. Let me know if you require hard copies to be posted to you.
- Payments should be made in Pound Sterling or the equivalent exchange rate as specified on the quote by myself.
- Please ensure any photos you provide are of the highest possible quality. I require high resolution (as much detail as possible), they must be in focus, and digital files are preferred. Please scan any photo prints and send those as a digital file instead. I will decline to work on any commissions that provide poor reference.
- I am able to travel to take my own photos and can quote you the cost of travel expenses which must be paid for at the time of booking along with the deposit.
- Any photo references you provide me must be your own or you have copyright or permission to use. I may ask for proof of this.
The Commission Process
- Clients are required to be actively involved during the commission process so they can confirm I'm doing what they require and it is satisfactory. Please respond to messages and emails promptly as I can only proceed at certain stages with your cooperation and this may cause delays. Not responding to correspondence may result in me cancelling the contract.
- Clients will be sent regular and detailed photographs and explanations of progress. You are invited to make suggestions and provide feedback on likeness, colours, etc. This helps me keep on track and make sure I'm making something you like.
- Progress may be published online, so please confirm if you do not wish me to do that. As a rule, if you mention it's for a birthday or a gift I do not share the artwork online until afterwards. If you wish I keep your commission completely private, please let me know and I am happy to accommodate that.
- Clients are welcome to come view the work in person if they wish. Let me know and we can arrange a time for you to visit my studio.
- As a work in progress, artwork can change a LOT through its creation so please show patience in the early stages if you think work looks unfinished. I do NOT send artwork until you are 100% happy with it.
- If a work isn't progressing the way I would like, I will tell you. I have been known to restart artwork or create several versions of it for you to choose from if I am not confident in the finished result. It is VERY important to me I create artwork that is to the best of my abilities. I will not give you artwork that I am not happy with.
- It is VITAL you request alterations as early as possible so I can include them and fix any problems. Once an artwork gets beyond a certain point it becomes fixed and difficult to change.
- Once the work is completed and the commission is ready to be delivered clients have a final opportunity to request any last minute minor alterations and confirm they are happy with the work before shipping.
- Because of regular involvement from the client throughout the creation of the artwork it is unlikely the artwork will be unsatisfactory once completed. However if you remain unhappy with the work and you're adamant you no longer wish to work with me you may decline to pay the outstanding monies and cancel your commission. If you do so I retain the deposit for the work and services I've already performed for you but the artwork remains my property to do with as I wish.
- If at the end you change your mind over a key component or require major alterations to the artwork (such as adding in an extra portrait, increasing the size, or changing the entire background colour) I will likely need to replicate the artwork or start again. You will be charged extra for this and the commission process will begin again. You will be required to pay any extra charges up front and in full before the new work commences.
- UK shipping is free. It is sent second class (if available) with insurance and will need to be signed for. Most orders should be with you within 1 week of shipping.
- International shipping is not free, and costs are estimated at the time of booking. They are then officially quoted once the artwork is packaged and ready to ship. This is because the work needs to be weighed and measured accurately whilst fully packaged to figure out accurate shipping costs.
- International shipping can cost from anything like £10 to £100+ depending on what's being sent. I try to make this as affordable, but as safe & secure as possible, even if it takes longer to ship artwork. This is for everyone's benefit.
- International orders can take 1 - 6 weeks to ship. Please bare this in mind if you have deadlines to meet.
- ALL Deliveries will need to be signed for.
- Please see the Delivery section for further information. I am yet to have any disasters happen during shipping and I aim to be as helpful and open minded as possible. Please don't worry if something goes wrong. These things do happen and I am happy to help find satisfactory solution for both parties. I have the skills and experience to repair or replicate my artwork, so it's really just a case of time.
- You are welcome to arrange your own courier but once the artwork leaves my studio it is no longer my responsibility and you will need to chase your own courier if you have any problems during shipping. I will be unable to help.
- Commissions will ONLY be shipped once the outstanding balance has been paid and cleared in my account. This is non-negotiable.
Ownership and Copyright
- I retain the copyright to any artwork I create for you unless agreed otherwise and that artwork may feature in promotional material for my business or my portfolio. This includes online distribution and possibly prints and other commercial applications of the artwork.
- You may not duplicate the work by creating your own prints without strict written permission from me.
- You may not distribute or exhibit the artwork in any other way other then for domestic and personal use including social media. All credit must be given to Lianne Williams.
- Commissioned artwork may not be used in any commercial way unless I've given strict written permission and we have agreed separate terms and conditions for this proposition. Licensing is available to purchase.
- My artwork may not be resold or altered in anyway other then in the process of mounting and framing or restoration/repair.
- My artwork must retain is original signature and this must be visible when displayed.
- The artwork remains the property of Lianne Williams until received and signed for by the client. Once you receive it you are the owner of that artwork and responsible for its care and maintenance.
- I am not responsible for any damage incurred by framing or hanging the artwork.
- If, due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness, death, personal crisis, natural disaster or 'act of God', and I am unable to complete the commission I, or my legal representatives will offer you, the client, a full refund. Any remaining or unfinished artwork remains the property of Lianne Williams. An alternative situation may be offered where you will be able to purchase the unfinished artwork at price that reflects what stage the artwork is at.
- Likewise, if the client is unable to pay for or receive the commission due to illness, death, personal crisis, natural disaster or 'act of God', the commission contract will be terminated from that point on and Lianne Williams retains the artwork and deposit unless the remaining balance is paid for.
- Any circumstance like the above will be handled realistically, compassionately and sensitively for the benefit of both parties on a case by case basis.
- If a client becomes offensive or abusive, unresponsive to emails or acts in a way that breaks my trust, I will give reasonable warning and proceed to terminate the commission contract and retain monies paid. Any existing artwork then remains the property of Lianne Williams.
- Lianne Williams is not responsible for any damage, theft or loss after the clients receives and/or signs for the finished art work. Repairs or replacement artwork may be possible but will be charged separately.
- I am yet to have a problem during commissions but if you do have any concerns feel free to contact me directly at LianneWilliamsArt@outlook.com and we can discuss things so to ease your mind.
- I have many happy clients willing to give you feedback testimonials on their experiences with me if you wish to see some referrals.
- You are invited to give me feedback once you have received your artwork which will be then used in promotional material and shared with potential clients in future. Your first name will be included. By providing feedback you agree to this. You may request to remain anonymous.